It can be quite frustrating if you are not sure about the moving budget while deciding about the move. And then there can be a lot of confusion when you don’t what the moving companies are going to charge you for their services. After all, you need to know if the money you have is sufficient to help you pay the movers for their services.
There are a few things that you need to take into consideration if you want to know about the moving costs. The costs are going to depend upon the type of your move and, so, the appropriate type of movers that you are going to need to hire for that move.
The cost of hiring local movers
The first thing that you are going to take into consideration is that local movers are going to charge you money on the basis of hours they would be doing the job. It means that the estimate you receive from the movers should mention the cost based on the per-hour cost and the number of hours required for the job to be done.
A few things need to be mentioned in this regard.
- The average per hour cost of one mover is $40 to $50. However, other factors such as your location in the country, season and the day of the month also need to be taken into the account.
- If you are going to hire 2 men and a truck, you need to be ready to pay $90 – $100 per hour. Again, the factors mentioned above can have an influence on the total cost of the move.
- The local movers may charge you extra fee in certain scenarios. Therefore, you need to ask in advance if the estimate they have provided is close to what you are going to be finally charged.
Moving across the country
If your move requires you to get out of the borders of the state you are living in, you are going to have to consider it an interstate move; and it is going to cost you according to the category of this move. Typically, it is a long-distance move. Good news is that you can find a good moving company by taking into consideration the distance and other pricing factors. Below mentioned are a few factors.
- Generally, you can consider getting your shipment heavier when you have a big house because there are going to be more items that you will require to move to the other state. And since weight of the shipment is the deciding factor in pricing, you might end up paying more if you the shipment is heavier.
- Bigger items, which are usually the specialty items, can make the cost of moving go up drastically. Therefore, it is quite important to show everything to your movers before asking them to provide you an estimate.
- The moving companies may be able to offer you additional services such as packing, unpacking, assembling of items and providing storage facility. It is, therefore, quite important to know about the additional services you are going to require and the impact of acquiring those additional services on the costs of moving.